- container for time capsule such as a shoebox or large cofee can
- other fun things to decorate the capsule (such as stickers, ribbon, construction paper etc.)
- kids can bring in items that are special to them or put those items in when they get home
- can also put in items that are popular during this time period
- newspapers to cut clippings about important current events that they can put into the capsule
- glue or tapeDecorate the container with paint, glitter and stickers, construction paper etc.
Add important items that represent the interests, hobbies and achievements of the participants over the past year.
Write a letter to your future self that outlines the importance of the items in the time capsule, a little bit about yourself, as well as your goals and dreams. Let the children Tuck the time capsule away until the following New Year’s celebration, when you can open the capsule and look through the memories from the previous year.
Have the children write the date that they will open the time capsule on the outside of the capsule (at least a year in the future) and ask them to hide the capsule in a special place.