- white glue, 1/4 cup
- shaving cream, 1 cup
- dark paper
1. Read the story “It Looked Like Spilt Milk” by Charles G. Shaw, with the children. Take time after the story to look at the clouds nearby and discuss what kinds of shapes the kids see. After reading the story, they may be inspired to create a white design of their own!
2. Mix 1/4 cup white glue with 1 cup aerosol shaving cream in a bowl. Stir.
3. Plop the mixture onto dark blue paper.
4. Shape the fluffy and thick mixture into clouds with fingers, spoons or popsicle sticks. Form the clouds into interesting shapes like birds, balloons, rabbits or stars. Encourage the kids to use their imaginations to think up new ideas.
5. The mixture will dry puffy!
6. If the kids would like they can create several pages and staple different paintings together to make a Spilt Milk booklet of their own.